Digital communication is the vital medium of every activity in the present era, better known as the space age. This also includes educational institutions right from a playschool at the kindergarten stage to the apex research level leading to doctorate scrolls. Be it the prospectus to share details about various courses and admissions, information about the curriculum and faculties or allied facilities like hostels etc. every aspect is projected digitally. In other words, it is the website that conveys across the message of the academia to the masses.
Thus the need for the responsive web design services by these institutions. However, only a professional group that has expertise in designing and executing a website with the aid of integrated ICT (information and communication technology) can meet the demand. It is an extensive field that calls for versatile approach. On this score, just a handful of companies are capable of rendering an all-inclusive package.
Among such companies is the educational wing of Sterco Digitex, an IT company based in India’s NCR (national capital region) of Delhi. It has branched out into the academic field to offer the following range of services:
- Analysis for need-based architecture
- Website Design with all enablers like SEO and SMO including Development
- Hoisting the website and periodical maintenance
- Utilisation and updating of High-end Multimedia tools including packages on Flash
- Slots for corporate presentations including films
- Customised Instructional and Training Films
- Identifying and developing exclusive applications in digital academics
- Concepts to evolve IT-based Distance Learning
- Software to facilitate integrated management of the college or university
- Alumni and Placement Portals
Since a good number of these institutions are either privately owned or sponsored, the objectives also include long-term better returns on investment. This could be addressed in right earnest with IT applications.
Digital technology has found wide range of applications in other fields like mobile phones and allied apps systems. This has opened up new avenues for mobile website design services based on technology that calls for high calibre.
Several Indian companies have proved their mettle in conceptualizing and executing these services.